POST BEANIE - Free Pattern

First,  Happy New Year 2015!!!! Wooo, new year, new me!! (I hope so). When my mom pushed to clean out my room, I realized that I have mo...

First,  Happy New Year 2015!!!! Wooo, new year, new me!! (I hope so).


When my mom pushed to clean out my room, I realized that I have more yarns than shoes or bags. And also, unfinished projects here and there, and also scrap yarns and thread, felt, scrap fabric. A - LOT - OF - IT!!!

Fiuuh,, guess I don't have to buy any one of those this year. It saved me and my wallet.

So, I decided to make something that I could give it as a charity and it was a hat!! Briliant!!!

I picked up my yarn and hook, started to crochet and voila!!

POST BEANIE

Post Beanie from the top

I thought I'm gonna make it for toddler but it end up for child up to 2 years old. I don't have a mannequin or a living model, so I put it in a ball of scrap yarns and threads. Don't be afraid, it doesn't bite.

Post Beanie from side.

Post beanis from the front. Look, that's a ball of scrap yarns!!!


What are you waiting for??? Here's the pattern, I bet you wait for it.

I used :
-          1 ball Indonesia Cotton Thread (Mix colour – brown & ivory) – 100 grams
-          Hook no. 3,5 mm
-          Needle yarn
-          Scissors

Size : I made it only for child up to 2 years old.

Stitches : fpdc (front-post dc), bpdc (back-post dc), fpsc (front-post sc)


How to make it :
R1      : ch 4, 12 dc in 4th chain (12 sts).

R2      : ch 2, fpdc in 1st dc, *dc between fpdc and dc (you’ll see a space between fpdc and dc you just made. Do not crochet in the loop!), fpdc in dc, repeat * (12 fpdc, 12 dc).

R3      : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, 2 dc between fpdc and dc, repeat * (12 fpdc, 24 dc).

R4      : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, dc between fpdc and dc, dc between dc, repeat * (12 fpdc, 24 dc).

R5      : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, 2 dc between fpdc and dc, dc between dc, repeat * (12 fpdc, 36 dc).

R6      : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, dc between fpdc and dc, dc between dc (x2), repeat * (12 fpdc, 36 dc).

R7      : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, 2 dc between fpdc and dc, dc between dc (x2), repeat * (12 fpdc, 48 dc).

R8      : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, dc between fpdc and dc, dc between dc (x5), repeat * (12 fpdc, 60 dc).

R9      : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, 3 dc between fpdc and dc, skip 1 space dc,  dc between dc (x3), repeat * (12 fpdc, 72 dc).

R10    : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, 2 dc between fpdc and dc, dc between dc (x5), repeat * (12 fpdc, 84 dc).

R11    : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, 3 dc between fpdc and dc, skip 1 space dc, dc between dc (x5), repeat * (12 fpdc, 96 dc).

R12    : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, dc between fpdc and dc, dc between dc (x8), repeat * (12 fpdc, 96 dc).

R13    : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, dc between dc (x7), repeat * (12 fpdc, 84 dc).

R14 – 25 : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, dc between fpdc and dc, dc between dc (x6), repeat * (12 fpdc, 84 dc).

R26 – 27 : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, dc between fpdc and dc, bpdc (x7), repeat * (12 fpdc, 84 dc).

R28 – 30 : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, dc between fpdc and dc, dc between dc (x6), repeat * (12 fpdc, 84 dc).

R31 – 32 : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, dc between fpdc and dc, bpdc (x7), repeat * (12 fpdc, 84 dc).

R33 – 34 : ch 2, *fpdc in dc, dc between fpdc and dc, dc between dc (x6), repeat * (12 fpdc, 84 dc).

R35    : ch 1, *fpsc in dc, sc between dc (x7), repeat * (12 fpdc, 84 dc).

I think it’s kinda tricky but easy to do. If you find any mistake in my pattern or you have questions, please let me know.

If you a pdf copy, you download it on my ravelry.

This is my original pattern, please do not claim it as yours and you may sell the beanie from this pattern but if you don’t mind please link it back to me (I want to know how amazing your beanie!!)


Happy crocheting,


XOXO,

Adrina, Lisa.





You Might Also Like

0 comments